[cisco-voip] collab edge dns/SSL cert

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:41:20 EDT 2015

Hello everyone!

I'm getting an error kicked back from GoDaddy trying to sign my
expressway-e cert, looking for a sanity check here.

I'm setting up the external side as a cluster (of 1 currently), I'd like
for my users to be able to sign in as username at domain.edu for MRA.

dns:
expressway-e is expe-cluster1-node1.domain.edu
srv = _collab-edge._tls.domain.edu , sips._tcp.domain.edu both point to the
expe-cluster1-node1

exp-e cluster name is domain.edu

on my CSR i have it set to generate a SAN for FQDN of expressway cluster
plus FQDN of this peer, so:
DNS:expe-cluster1-node1.domain.edu
DNS:domain.edu

GoDaddy kicks back an error saying "You can not add a SAN that is the same
as the domain you are already using."

Is my dns/SAN configuration incorrect or is this a deficiency with godaddy
(standard UCC cert)? Or did I miss the boat completely (totally possible!)

--
Ed Leatherman