[cisco-voip] BFCP and Trusted Relay Points / Media Termination Points

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jun 4 11:09:49 EDT 2015

Interesting how in this document it hints that MTP is supported post 9.0 with specific iOS versions.

Not sure if a simple MTP gives me what I need, but I don't think so.

<insert sad face>

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_cucm-system-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_system-guide_chapter_0101011.html#CUCM_RF_E2B8D1E2_00

 The SIP line or SIP trunk uses MTP, RSVP, Trusted Relay Point (TRP), or Transcoder. In these cases, BFCP is not supported.

Note
BFCP is supported in Cisco Unified CM Release 8.6 as long as the call does not require MTP. For Cisco Unified CM Release 9.0 or later BFCP in MTP call is supported if the MTP is allocated from IOS routers that run 15.2.(2) T.

Sent from my iPhone