[cisco-voip] 4000 series ISR & DSP

Mike Olivere mikeeo at msn.com
Thu Jun 11 09:37:47 EDT 2015

I saw a conversation few weeks back where there was a discussion on mixing
DSPs from the PRI cards and the motherboard. I have a scenario where a
customer wants to use a 4351 to terminate 3 voice T1's (1 PRI & 2
channelized ) along with SIP from a local carrier.

>From what I understand the 1 PRI is from one carrier and the 2 channelized
T1s are from another. Do I need a (1) port T1 card and (2) port card each
with a separate DSP so I can have individual clocking domains? or can I put
a 4 port card in with (1) 128 channel DSP and still have individual clocking
domains?  Then I need a DSP on the motherboard to support CUCM / CUBE
functions, but I can't pull from the T1 cards to satisfy any xcode or conf
resources is that correct?

Thanks for the help

Mike