[cisco-voip] UCS c220 SFF unable to access CIMC

K H digital at firstcopycorp.com
Fri Jun 12 10:57:48 EDT 2015

  Thanks to all who investigate this issue or post advise.

We have a UCS c220 and while the configuration by our reseller seemed to be solid we are unable to telnet, SSH, or access via browser HTTPS (unless we are on the same exact subnet and connected via Ethernet to the switchport) the UCS box to check the drive health etc. SSH and Telnet connections are "Refused" adjusted the baud rate and CIMC to enable telnet. It's not on the same subnet it's IP is 12.112.0.10 VLAN 1000 (enabled - UCS IP address), local data VLAN ID:10 IP: 12.112.10.25, local voice VLAN ID:110 IP: 12.112.20.25. We routinely traverse the LAN for Windows servers with IP's such as 12.112.2.25 & 12.112.2.75. So why the difference in being able to browse to the CIMC while on the local LAN but hit the x.x.0.10 VLAN 1000 ? Trunk ports seem to be configured properly allowing VLAN traffic of the two specific ID's access. This may be a basic question but once a trunk port is configured, must we explicitly add all vlan's on the subnet to the trunk port config i.e. Data vlan id: 10, voice vlan id: 110, Server vlan id:1000 ? Could that be the answer. Also, checking the port config on the UCS reveals management ports configured with the following:
Interface GigabitEthernet2/0/2
switchport access vlan 10
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 110
srr-­‐queue bandwidth share 1 3035 5
priority-­‐queue out
mls qos trust device cisco-­‐phone
mls qos trust cos Auto qos trust
spanning-­‐tree portfast
spanning-­‐tree bpduguard
enable
service-­‐policy
input
AUTOQOS-­‐SRND4-­‐CISCOPHONE-­‐POLICY

Much appreciated ladies and gents, enjoy your weekend !!!