[cisco-voip] Prime Collab Provisioning 10.6 service templates

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:36:52 EDT 2015

Charles and Ed,

When I used to work for Cisco, I created batch files for Prime
Collaboration Provisioning 10.6 service templates for every type of
template and device for a 100,000-device, 600-site deployment.

I worked directly with the developers to get examples for each type of
template addition via batch. It's definitely possible! I scripted the
addition of each site and all the relevant Device, Line, and VM
templates since it was split into 60 domains. No way I was doing that
manually.

Look at the Import and Export options in the Getting Started Wizard.
This will give you an idea of the formats required to add things like
Domains and Service Templates.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10-6/provisioning/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Provisioning_Guide_10_6/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Provisioning_10_6_chapter_011.html#concept_7B6E54E941C8467AA275AEF05C775094

Unfortunately I don't have any sanitized copies of the examples devs
gave me since I left the company - but BECAUSE the Wizard now exists,
that means the Batch Provisioning code in the product has been updated
to handle batch addition of all the service template stuff. I made the
devs give me examples for every template type so I could automate
mine. I also built scripts to take the customers site data and
automate the creation of the batch files too.

Input customer site data --Excel Vbs--> Get batch files for prime
Input batch files to prime --Batch--> Get fully complete sites and
tempaltes

Come to think of it - I asked the devs to also update the included
batch example files in the 10.6 version as well. I remember seeing
copies of things like "AddDomain" and "AddService*"

If you're talking with someone in the BU they *should* know this. Just
ask them to look at all the example files they gave to Jason Burns.

CCing Jason Holt who is my Prime Provisioning expert still in the
trenches ;)

Jason - I sent you and Pedro all my examples for that last big
customer I did. Do you still have the batch example files and the
Excel macros?

--
Jason Burns

On 06/14/2015 09:50 AM, Ed Leatherman wrote:
> Related/side note: was at cisco live last week, and from what i've
> seen they've really improved their developer site with lots of
> examples and labs to start learning some of the APIs
> (devnet.cisco.com <http://devnet.cisco.com>) for those of us with
> few or rusty programming skills.
>
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Ed Leatherman
> <ealeatherman at gmail.com <mailto:ealeatherman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> My first thought if BAT or PCP doesn't cut the mustard would be to
> dust off your scripting skills (or someone else's) and write
> something custom to create or change what you need with the
> XML/SOAP interface.
>
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Charles Goldsmith
> <wokka at justfamily.org <mailto:wokka at justfamily.org>> wrote:
>
> We have a customer with 80+ sites and about 10 phone types.
> Creating the service templates is a daunting task, because there
> seems to be no way to BAT these in and it's time consuming to
> create them through the gui.  I did find
> http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10-5/provisioning/guide/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Provisioning_Guide_10_5_and_10_5_1/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Provisioning_Guide_10_5_chapter_0111.html#ID1083

this info, but when you export one, it's missing some info