[cisco-voip] Upgrade CUCM and CUPS 9.1 to 10.5

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Wed Jun 17 09:17:01 EDT 2015

No problem. Unfortunately the [official] answer to your question would be no. Even running it in parallel can introduce issues during your upgrade. The password comparison I mentioned occurs during the upgrade process on Subscriber nodes. Also… I was mistaken - the comparison is against the application admin password and not cluster security. But regardless, a switch version on the Publisher would be needed before upgrading the Subscribers. That’s not to say doing it your way would automatically result in a failure. I’ve seen both methods work for a refresh upgrade to 10.5, but I’ve also seen situations where a parallel refresh upgrade resulted in failure for the reason above. I would strongly suggest following the RU steps documented in that PDF to avoid any potential issues.

- Dan