[cisco-voip] Connection PLAR problem...

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Fri Jun 19 01:17:49 EDT 2015

Are you certain it’s DTMF that you’re hearing, not caller ID? If you pick up too soon (before 2 rings) it could be possible you’re hearing caller ID.

Other than that, with analog phones, weirdness with onhook/offhook/ringing state is often a cabling issue, e.g. partial short, poor connection, or too long. Or loopstart/groundstart is set incorrectly on the port.

-mn