[cisco-voip] Expressway ?'s

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Jun 19 08:46:59 EDT 2015

I think it's a combination of many factors. Mainly historical and technical. Our DNS servers had been running on *nix bind servers since the early 90s. We only recently moved to appliances that I believe are still using bind under the covers. Our servers and services have typically been open all the time. We're slowly moving away from that model with a new focus on security as you suggest. But it's difficult to back a change when only one feature requires it.

We'll have to see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone