[cisco-voip] CME w/ SIP Trunk

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:32:24 EDT 2015

Hello!

I'm trying to get a SIP trunk out to a regional SP (Lumos) configured. I
need to get CME setup to register numbers with their sip proxy, but the
registration is not happening and i'm not seeing any register messages
debugs from debug ccsip messages to troubleshoot from. So I think maybe CME
isn't trying? What should trigger CME to try and register these numbers?

My config looks like this (some ephones/ephone-dns up and registered) -
authentication credentials were provided from Lumos. IOS 15.4(3)M2

msu-tmp-access#sh run | s sip-ua
sip-ua
 credentials username 304-929-0300 password 7 blah realm sbc.ia.ntelos.net
 authentication username 304-929-0300 password 7 blah
 retry register 10
 registrar dns:sbc.ia.ntelos.net:5060 expires 120
 sip-server dns:sbc.ia.ntelos.net:5060
!
msu-tmp-access#sho run | s voice service
voice service voip
 ip address trusted list
  ipv4 216.12.114.195
 address-hiding
 allow-connections sip to sip
 fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
 sip
  bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2
  bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2
  registrar server
  options-ping 60

--
Ed Leatherman