[cisco-voip] periodic restarts still required for UCCx on RHEL?

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Tue Mar 3 10:01:05 EST 2015

Hi Lelio,

Please send me the case number…. I will follow up :)

This is not the recommendation / stance of TAC.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services
Direct: +1 919 392 9898
Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time

From: Lelio Fulgenzi
Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 9:52 AM
To: Cisco VOIP
Subject: [cisco-voip] periodic restarts still required for UCCx on RHEL?

My colleague opened up a TAC case for a problem we were having with UCCx. Turned out, a component had to be restarted. The TAC engineer was surprised our system was up and running for 150 days and suggested that we restart the servers periodically, say every 90 days.

I thought this was going to go away with the upgrade from v7 to v9, moving away from Windows' memory issues, etc.

Are people still finding they have to periodically reboot servers? Is this the official stance from the TAC?

I mean, a yearly restart I can appreciate, but every 90 days?

Yeeesh.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure