[cisco-voip] vMotion w/o Shared Storage

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Tue Mar 10 18:18:36 EDT 2015

Thanks - that’s what I figured and just tested with no issues. Seems the non-shared storage caveat for vMotion is a non-issue in ESXi 5.1 and higher.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-51/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vsphere.vcenterhost.doc%2FGUID-9F1D4A3B-3392-46A3-8720-73CBFA000A3C.html

I was also concerned of partition alignment but I guess that would be a non-issue as well since the vmdk is already provisioned. The move to the stand-alone datastore is nearing completion so I’ll double check the start block size once it’s done just to be sure!

- Dan