[cisco-voip] vMotion w/o Shared Storage

Heim, Dennis Dennis.Heim at wwt.com
Sat Mar 14 10:00:12 EDT 2015

This is definitely interesting that you can migration between datastore’s even if a specific host does not have access. However, I think this is getting close to the just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. In today’s age it should be pretty easy to get a NFS mount that both hosts can point to. Heck, you can even do NFS or iSCSI on a Synology SAN. Load it with SSD’s and probably get acceptable IOPS (not recommending this as an enterprise solution).

Dennis Heim | Emerging Technology Architect (Collaboration)
World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 314-212-1814
[twitter]<https://twitter.com/CollabSensei>
[chat]<xmpp:dennis.heim at wwt.com>[Phone]<tel:+13142121814>[video]<sip:dennis.heim at wwt.com>
"Innovation happens on project squared" -- http://www.projectsquared.com<http://www.projectsquared.com/>

Click here to join me in my Collaboration Meeting Room<https://wwt.webex.com/meet/dennis.heim>