[cisco-voip] Translation Profile out on voice port

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 15:22:59 EDT 2015

What you said there, is technically correct.

"the router is applying translation profile on the voice port after
matching outbound dial-peer"

Did you mean to say that it was processing the voice port translation
profile before performing digit strip on DP?  If so, then that's not
correct behavior.

You can prove this with the following configuration:

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^0..$/ /9991\0/ ;doing digit strip properly, so matching on 0..
 rule 2 /^1...$/ /888\0/ ;not doing digit strip properly, so matching on
1...
!
voice translation-profile PSTN_OUT
 translate called 1
!
dila-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern 1...$
 port 0/3/0:15
!
voice-port 0/3/0:15
 translation-profile outgoing PSTN_OUT
!

Then debug your ISDN Q931 messages and see what is being sent in the
SETUP.  If 999 is prefixed, then the solution is working as designed
despite what debugs might be telling you.  If 888 is prefixed, then digit
stripping is not happening at the DP level, and I would suspect either: A)
a defect in the code, and try new code, or B) the documentation that I have
on hand is incorrect or incomplete, and that's just the way it works.