[cisco-voip] trying to automate the application of a service policy

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Mon May 4 08:28:13 EDT 2015

I have a service policy-map that I am trying to automate when it is actually applied to the interface. So between the hours of 8AM and 5PM, I want to apply this service policy to the interface and between the hours of 5PM and 8AM I do not want the service policy applied.

The policy application just needs to be made against that time frame and isn't subjective to traffic conditions. The platform I am using is a 3900 ISR.

I can do it with an external script that logs into the CLI and issues the no service-policy/service-policy but that seems clunky and archaic.

Is there a better way?

Thanks