[cisco-voip] trying to automate the application of a service policy

Walenta, Philip Philip.Walenta at Polycom.com
Mon May 4 09:27:11 EDT 2015

Stupid phone wouldn’t paste the link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/ios-firewall/23602-confaccesslists.html#timebasedtimerange

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Walenta, Philip
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 8:19 AM
To: Ryan Huff
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] trying to automate the application of a service policy

If memory serves there are time based ACLs that could be used.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2015, at 7:29 AM, Ryan Huff <ryanhuff at outlook.com<mailto:ryanhuff at outlook.com>> wrote:
I have a service policy-map that I am trying to automate when it is actually applied to the interface. So between the hours of 8AM and 5PM, I want to apply this service policy to the interface and between the hours of 5PM and 8AM I do not want the service policy applied.

The policy application just needs to be made against that time frame and isn't subjective to traffic conditions. The platform I am using is a 3900 ISR.

I can do it with an external script that logs into the CLI and issues the no service-policy/service-policy but that seems clunky and archaic.

Is there a better way?

Thanks