[cisco-voip] PCD 10.5(3) and IM&P 9x to 10x

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:27:45 EDT 2015

i've done it and it is mostly straightforward.  In my case, I did a network
migration to change the hostname of IM/P.   However, I used the same IP
address as the old server (this was a MCS to UCS 8 to 10 migration).

I only did a network migration because I wanted to change the hostname to
align with naming conventions.    The first go around, I didn't update the
DNS with the new hostname A/PTR for the new IMP name.   The PCD migration
task for the IMP server failed.  It needed to have the DNS server updated
with the new IM/P 10.x server's A/PTR in DNS and the old MCS v8 CUPS server
removed from DNS (since it was using the same IP)..

Make sure that all the VMs in the new v10 cluster have perfect DNS
resolution, A & PTR before the PCD.   If there are any issues, this will
mess up the migration.

Also, open the console of the VM in VMware during the PCD tasks to monitor
the status of the tasks.   PCD doesn't provide alot of progress update, but
if you watch the console of the VM in VMware you can follow the familiar
CLI install process.