[cisco-voip] H323 with SRST

Jose Colon II jcolon424 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:03:35 EDT 2015

Hey guys, I am trying to setup a config with SRST on a Cisco 2901. I have
read I should use CME for greater functionality so I have come up with the
following config after reading a bunch of stuff online

telephony-service
 srst mode auto-provision all
 srst ephone template 1
 srst dn template 1
 srst dn line-mode octo
 max-ephones 10
 max-dn 20
 ip source-address 10.10.175.250 port 2000
 time-zone 8
 date-format dd-mm-yy
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
 call-forward pattern .T
 transfer-system full-consult
!
!
ephone-dn-template  1
!
!
ephone-template  1

The questions I have are this....

Do I actually need to put anything in the two templates or does it just
need to be there a place holder?

I want to use huntgroups for the numbers that call in. How do I apply the
extensions to hung groups. We use 5 digit extensions and from what I can
read it seems those extensions will be used since I autoprovision all
settings. Is this true.

Am I missing anything. I basically want the calls to be answered in a
huntgroup and have the ability to make outbound calls when call manager is
not reachable.

Thank in advance.
Jose