[cisco-voip] how codec transparent works?

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Tue May 12 06:10:28 EDT 2015

First of all, switch to SIP, then make a test call and collect logs in
CUCM, 2800 and Asterisk. Just compare the codec offered in the SDP.
Modify the CUCM/2800/Asterisk so they all have the same codec, I.E
g711alaw AND ulaw, 20ms sample rate etc. remove any other codecs not
used.

You want to avoid using MTP in CUCM as resources are limited. You can
use software MTP in 2800 but it just adds complexity to solve a simple
problem.