[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.1.3 > Blocking inbound calls

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Tue May 12 17:12:48 EDT 2015

Right, flip all incoming into a filter partition that 'screens' ani and let everything pass that doesnt match 'bad' ani patterns is how I do it too.

But with ani spoofing, it is becoming a less effective measure.

When I worked for a service provider, this how we did it. Anything more aggressive than that and you usually upset customers. Plus, most customers understand the concept of call blocking based on caller-id and expect it to work that way.

Now in the case of a truley annoying bot/spammer, you can forward the line to a voicemail with the sit tone (the three tones of happiness) recorded at the beginning and after a round or two it usually clears up.

Most bot dialers listen for sit, so they can clear their list of unallocated numbers.

Thanks,

Ryan