[cisco-voip] Sip Trunk - CUCM and Third-party PBX

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu May 14 07:01:36 EDT 2015

Username and password does not necessarily mean REGISTER unless they
specifically said so of course.

Proxy authentication is another way to authenticate with
username/password. That you can configure under "User Management ->
SIP Realm"

When you place an outbound call to the third-party PBX they will
respond with 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) and include a SIP
Realm.
CUCM will match that with configured SIP Realm and create a new INVITE
with configured credentials.