[cisco-voip] CUCM DNS/CTL configuration - follow-up

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Sun May 17 10:06:15 EDT 2015

Good morning,

This morning I enabled DNS servers, domain name on our CUCM Cluster, which
involved regenerating all the certs on the cluster. Note I have cluster
mixed mode. Everything appears to have gone smoothly, but I had 2 odd
things happen that I did not expect.. tossing them out here in case it
helps someone else, or if someone has commentary on "why" :)

Reference: CUCM v9.1, mixed mode, never had dns servers or domain set
before.

- After setting primary, secondary DNS and domain name, and the subsequent
reboot on each node ALL my phones on the cluster restarted or at least
re-registered each time, even for phones that do not use that node as a CM.
Is this CM process restarting everywhere each time or ? I didnt think to
check runtime on the CM process while I was working.

- I expected to have to import tomcat certificates back and forth to the
publisher at each node once the certs were regenerated, as this was
necessary in the past. Apparently now they automagically download them from
each other? I went in to do it and the tomcat-trust was already there with
the new domain name.

Cheers!

Ed

--