[cisco-voip] Changing DNS entries in Call Manager 9.1.2.10000-28

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:48:15 EDT 2015

are you sure that all your CM subscribers have the proper primary and
secondary DNS ?    Since your outbound is the only think that failed, maybe
you have a specific CM sub routing the outbound calls and it didn't have
proper redundant DNS.   Or maybe you had a MGCP gateway for outbound that
didn't have secondary DNS so it unregistered from the CMs when the primary
went down.    or maybe you hit a bug with regards to DNS failover like you
suspect, but it is also possible that there is just a component in the
solution that doesn't have redundant DNS and it only affected outbound
calls.