[cisco-voip] External calls from Jabber

Aaron Banks amichaelbanks at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:11:06 EST 2015

I will give that a shot and let you know.

From: ryanhuff at outlook.com
To: amichaelbanks at hotmail.com; avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
CC: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] External calls from Jabber
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 20:03:51 +0000

Hello Aaron,

We would love to help you troubleshoot this issue; to do that we're at the point of needing to see 'what is going on under the hood'.

Please set up a test case for us by selecting a jabber desktop client impacted by this issue and clearing the local cache content of the client.

Cache location for PC Clients:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/116433-probsol-jabber-00.html

Cache location for Mac Clients:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-mac/116682-technote-jabber-00.html

After you've clear the cache files; use the Jabber client to attempt an external call (replicate the same method the business unit is attempting to use for external calls that are failing). Immediately after the call fails (assuming it still does fail) and
 you get that annunciation message, I need you to end the call with the Jabber client and collect the "Calls" PRT (Problem Reporting Tool) logs from that Jabber client. You can access the PRT menu from the
Help->Report A Problem menu of the Jabber Client. Follow the on-screen instructions and it will eventually allow you to download an archive file.

The next thing I'd like for you to do is to open the Real-Time Reporting Tool (RTMT) application and point it to the publisher node of your CCM cluster (if you do not have the RTMT application, you can download it from the
Applications->Plugins section of CUCM). If needed, you can research RTMT at

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_6_1/rtmt/rtmt/rtinst.html. Once you are logged into the tool, please replicate the following workflow and follow the on-screen prompts to download the traces (make sure you get the traces
 from ALL CUCM nodes for a time period covering the time of the example call). You can research more about getting trace files at

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_6_1/rtmt/rtmt/rttlc.html.

Once you have all the files gathered, upload them to dropbox/box .. etc and send a linkcinto this list along with the called and calling party number of the example call and the device name of the CSF profile used by the Jabber Desktop client for the example
 call.

Hope this help,

-Ryan