[cisco-voip] called party hears music on hold

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Tue Nov 10 14:24:13 EST 2015

If you’re certain the hold request is coming from IM&P, and the hold request is in reference to the call reference (CI) associated with the call in question, then my suggestion would be to open a TAC case. At this point, assuming this finding is applicable to the problem at hand, and end-user intervention isn’t the cause, then it’s possibly a new or existing defect. The only thing I could add here would be to provide TAC with the CI numbers and process IDs associated with the call-leg being placed on hold to speed up the process. There’s probably some information they can dig up in Topic Search if there’s history to this issue…

But I still wonder if these events are actually applicable to the problem you’re facing.  Providing this information to TAC might only prolong RCA if it isn’t related to the problem at hand. One thing I would certainly confirm is the hold request coming into CCM from CTIDeviceLineMgr to StationD (or SIPStationD) should contain the IP address of the device sourcing the request. In this case it should be IM&P. More importantly, I would also ensure the hold request is for the correct CI - if this isn’t confirmed then further troubleshooting could involve lots of wheel spinning with no progress. My experience w/ Lync is limited but SIP transactions off the Lync server should help you determine if the hold request is sourcing from there, passed to IM&P, then sent to CUCM via QBE/CTI. Either way, this should help determine the source of this hold request (assuming it’s related of course).

I wasn’t able to find any public defects related to this.

Sorry this isn’t a root cause but hope you find it helpful regardless.

- Dan