[cisco-voip] MRA and Phone server selection

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Thu Nov 19 06:36:36 EST 2015

In your Expressway-C server, what do you have listed as your CUCM Neighbors?

On Nov 19, 2015, at 6:27 AM, Matthew Collins <mcollins at block.co.uk<mailto:mcollins at block.co.uk>> wrote:

Hi All,

It seems that our phone services Via MRA are somewhat intermittent, It seems that the clients are trying to register with CUCM servers that are not running the CCM service. When I check servers under phone services the client seems to get a different pair each time the application is launched. When the servers reference the one of the two servers running CCM phone services connect. When a CCM server isn't referenced phone services fail to connect. Thought I'd just check here before opening a Tac case.

CUCM is 10.5.2
I have tested with Various Jabber clients 10.5, 10.6, 11.0 and 11.1 across multiple versions of Windows, Ipad, Iphone clients
Expressway is 8.5.1

Within this cluster we have

1 CUCM publisher
2 CUCM subscribers running TFTP
2 CUCM Subscribers running Media resources only (we use a lot of MTP for 3rd Party voicemail)
2 CUCM Subscribers running Call manger
2 IM&P Subscribers forming 1 presence cluster

I only have the 2 x CUCM Subscribers running Call manger set up as my CTI and Directory UC services, 2 of the IM&P Subscribers set up as my IM&P services.

They have a dedicated Device pool for Jabber clients and that only has the 2 x CUCM Subscribers running Call manger within the Call manager group.

The problem seems to be that when we log in via MRA the jabber client is attempting to register will any two of the 9 CUCM servers. It only successfully registers when one of the two servers are one of the one running CUCM. Presence and directory services (UDS) all ways register with the correct servers

Thanks in advance.

Matthew