[cisco-voip] Odd call behavior CME,CUBE,CUCM

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Mon Oct 5 23:00:28 EDT 2015

I have CME that has a SIP phone registered to it and a SCCP phone registered to it.
SIP=4002
SCCP=4001

I have a call path that looks like:

CUCM->SIPTrunk->CUBE->SIPTrunk->CME

When I dial the SIP phone (on CME) from call manager the call completes and goes fine. When I dial the skinny phone (on CME) from call manager the call immediately fails. However, from CME, using the skinny phone, I can dial anything in call manager and the call completes.

CCSIP on CME (for one of the failed calls) shows the INVITE then TRYING then SIP/2.0 500 Internal Server Error. CCAPI INOUT shows a cause code of 16, but this was anything but a normal clearing. Just for the hell of it, I also added a transcoder in CME and registered it in telephony-service, just to see if there was a codec flying around that I wasn't seeing .... but alas, no.

I've attached the ccsip and ccapi inout; I think I have just been starring at it too long ... I can't see it.

Thanks,

Ryan