[cisco-voip] switch version from CUCM 9.1(1) to 10.5(2)

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Tue Oct 6 06:38:07 EDT 2015

My suspicion (and this is just a guess really, without more detail); is that after the 10.5 update was applied, but before the switch version was completed, changes where made to the data in the 9.1 version.

When staging an upgrade in the inactive partition, changes made to the database in the active partition are not replicated to the database in the inactive partition. When you complete the switch version, the database from the inactive partition (created when you initially installed the upgrade) becomes active and any data differences between the databases are lost.

The same thing would happen if you had to revert the upgrade and switch-version back to 9.1. Any changes made in 10.5 would not replicate into 9.1.

Thanks,

Ryan

Sent from my iPad