[cisco-voip] Understanding a Defect's Affected Versions

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 11:50:16 EDT 2015

For example, on the latest UCCX 10.6.1 SU1 release notes they don't
list the caveats fixed and provide a link to the bug search tool.   I
sent an email to the feedback link provided in the release notes
document and got an email back this morning from cisco thanking me for
my feedback and explaining their direction and that they will take my
comments into consideration and possibly add a poll.  I would advise
others to send feedback using the methods in the documents to share
your opinion with the right people.

I'm not opposed to using bug search tool for viewing the caveats, it
just doesn't provide a nice list format to view all the resolved/open
caveats with one line summary like in the document.If you scroll down
it keeps updating the display with more bugs so you can't really print
them easily either.  And who knows if the search is returning all the
bugs or leaving some out. I also liked seeing the list in the release
notes to compare against bug toolkit results or searching a release
note document for a bug ID to make sure that release indeed included
the fix before applying it on a client/etc.

Erick