[cisco-voip] CUCM Agent Greeting API

Dennis Behrens Dennis.Behrens at blackbox.com
Mon Oct 26 09:59:26 EDT 2015

Has anyone developed against the CUCM Agent Greeting API?

To meet a specific client need, we're looking at potentially creating a custom Agent Greeting solution.  The customer has UCCX and wants Agent Greeting to work in the manner that UCCE does - the call connects and both the called and calling party can hear the greeting together.  Obviously we're all familiar with the ability to play a greeting prior to the connect step within a script - that's not what they want.

CUCM has the Agent Greeting API which can be leveraged with JTAPI/TAPI.  My understanding is that UCCE actually uses this to accomplish this function.

Does anyone have any experiences to share developing against this API?  It seems straightforward (or as straightforward as any TAPI implementation).  It essentially causes the phone to use the BIB to bring in a 3rd call leg with the greeting.  The thought would be to host an application on UCCX that plays back the appropriate greeting, then disconnects.

Thoughts?  Anyone aware of any COTS 3rd party application that does this?

:-:db

Dennis Behrens
Senior Engineering Director, Cisco Solutions Practice
CCIE #17336 (Voice)
Black Box Network Services

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended for the sole use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Black Box Corporation reserves the right to scan all e-mail traffic for restricted content and to monitor all e-mail in general. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this email in error, any use, dissemination or forwarding of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email.