[cisco-voip] ISR 4431 - Need to configure "clock source internal" on PRI interface , get error

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:42:37 EDT 2015

I have a ISR 4331 that I'm configuring for voice PRI support.

Performing an integration with a Nortel PBX (back to back PRI) where i need
to be the clock source on the underlying T1 circuit.

In the past on ISR G2 platforms (like a 2921),  I could configure "clock
source internal" under the controller T1 interface.  On the 4331 I get the
following error when the clock source it set to internal under the
controller T1

TIV-4331-01-TEMP(config-controller)#pri-group timeslots 1-24

%Cannot create ds0/tdm/pri-group with clock source internal

%pri-group voice-dsp cannot be created under the clock source configuration

How do I accomplish the same on this newer platform or is it no longer
possible ?

The NIM does have it's own DSP resources.

I can get the integration up and working, with the default "clock source
line",  but I  get slips on the t1 as the Nortel side is free running  and
looking to the line as a clock source on its end.

I hope I'm just missing something obvious.

Thanks