[cisco-voip] CME 9.1 shared line

Jeremy Rogers (AM) jeremy.rogers at dimensiondata.com
Thu Oct 29 15:36:18 EDT 2015

I have a CME with several 9971 phones that have a shared line.  Internally they use a 3 digit extension.  Externally the calls hit an inbound translation to go from a 10 digit DID to the 3 digit extension.  The issue is as follows:

If I call from a cell phone to the DID, the call only rings on the SIP phone that has that DN as line 1.
If I call internally to the 3 digit DN, it rings on all three phones.

Is this normal behavior?  I've tried searching but can't find any answers.

Jeremy Rogers CCNA
Advanced Technical consultant
Advanced Solutions, Professional Services
Dimension Data
Office:  +1.732.452.5238
Mobile:  +1.908.229.3474
e-fax:  +1.732.352.7891