[cisco-voip] CUCM 10.5 locally defined users - method to alert user to pending password expiration - Email ?

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:30:07 EDT 2015

Have some locally defined users on CUCM 10.5.2. I need to be able to
alert the users that their password is about to expire.

I see on the /Credential Policy Configuration /page there is a value
called "Expiry Warning Days " which is defined as "/Enter a number in
the range 0-90 to specify the number of days before a user password
expires to start warning notifications. The default setting specifies 0/."

My question is what is the warning notification method that will be used?

Will the system send an email ?

Will login to Jabber client pop up a message ?

Will login to the CCMUSER webpage pop up a warning ?

Any insight is appreciated.