[cisco-voip] CUCM with Lync RCC

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Tue Sep 29 09:24:53 EDT 2015

We are in the process of upgrading our Clients from Office Communicator to Lync.  One of the things we've used with MOC is CUCILync, which works great and we can make calls on our desk phone in MOC.  However, with Lync, this doesn't seem to work the same.  I've installed a compatible version of CUCILYNC that works with Lync, but don't see any way to make desk phone calls in Lync.  There is an option in Lync when I right-click a contact for "Place a Call" and seems to be an Icon for CUCILYNC, but it does nothing when I click on it.

Also, if we wanted to just remove CUCILYNC, to have call/phone control in Lync, would this require we stand up a Cisco Presence server?

Thanks,

Bill Hendrix