[cisco-voip] Cube Recording Configuration

Derek Andrew Derek.Andrew at usask.ca
Mon Apr 4 13:23:31 EDT 2016

Similar issue until I added

 voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/2

to my dial-peers. Now all my peers, including the one to MediaSense, have
binding commands.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Daniel Ohnesorge via cisco-voip <
cisco-voip at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> I'll test it in the lab some time this week but I'm not sure what the
> problem could be.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 4 Apr 2016, at 23:27, daniele visaggio <visaggio.daniele at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Thank you for all of your responses.
>
> Sadly i'm still not able to get this working.
>
> @daniel
>
> for the time being I have no mediasense server. It's just a microsip
> client + wireshark (this is to simulate the recorder and look up the
> signaling). The problem is that I can't see any signaling whatsoever
> reaching my fake recorder. dial-peer on cube are all using udp, so in
> wireshark/microsip I expect to see at least an incoming invite.
>
> Btw I tried with tcp too and even then I couldn't spot any incoming SYN
> packet.
>
> It seems the dial-peer pointing the fake recorder simply doesn't get
> matched (so no signaling).

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I think the config looks correct;
>>
>> - Dial-peer 1 is the dial-peer you want to record so you apply
>> media-class 30
>> - Media-class 30 is associated with recorder 400
>> - Recorder 400 is associated with media-recording 3 (in other words
>> dial-peer 3)
>> - Dial-peer 3 is the 'SIP Trunk' towards MediaSense
>>
>> On MediaSense you would need to make sure 450123 is configured to record
>> but I'm sure you've configured that already.
>>
>> I've had some really weird issues with MediaSense in the past where CUCM
>> was sending TCP SYN on port 5060 but MediaSense never responded. A cluster
>> reboot of MediaSense solved that issue. Perhaps take an IP Traffic Export
>> on the router to see if it is sending TCP SYN and if MediaSense is
>> responding.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 2 Apr 2016, at 02:02, Anthony Holloway <
>> avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> First of all, be careful doing this in production:
>>
>> voice service voip
>>  ip address trusted list
>>   ipv4 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
>>

>> That is just reducing the security of your application and opening you up
>> to abuse.  It's fine for troubleshooting and eliminating it as root cause,
>> but then remove it and add addresses/subnets in there to lock down from
>> where you will accept control traffic from.
>>
>> One last thing on this topic, since your dial-peers 2 and 3 already point
>> to IP addresses of SIP peers, you don't need to even do anything more.
>> That simple fact already permits those IP addresses to send you control
>> traffic.
>>
>> Ok, on to the recording bit.  I have not done this task myself, but
>> looking quickly through the following document:
>>

>> http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-ntwk-based.html
>>
>> ...it looks like you might have at least one error in your configuration.
>>
>> The one error I think you have:  Your "*media-class 30*" dial-peer
> [...]

Copyright 2016 Derek Andrew (excluding quotations)

+1 306 966 4808
Communication and Network Services
Information and Communications Technology
Infrastructure Services

*University of Saskatchewan*Peterson 120; 54 Innovation Boulevard
Saskatoon,Saskatchewan,Canada. S7N 2V3
Timezone GMT-6

Typed but not read.