[cisco-voip] H323 call rejection using Translation Profile not working

Jeffrey Girard jeffrey.girard at girardinc.com
Thu Apr 7 21:35:10 EDT 2016

All –
                Playing around with call blocking using an H.323 gateway.

                Gateway has an FXO port and it is configured as an H323 GW to a CUCM.

                Here is the code

                voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 reject /1000/
exit

voice translation-profile call_block
translate calling 1
exit

                dial-peer voice 100 pots
                answer-address 1000
                translation-profile incoming call_block
call-block translation-profile incoming call_block
                call-block disconnect-cause call-reject

If I do a test of the translation profile using
Test voice translation-rule 1 /1000/
I get
/1000/ blocked on rule 1

However, when I have debug voice dialpeer enabled, I see that the incoming call matches on the correct dial peer (dial peer 100) and then continues to process and searches for an outbound dial peer.

I have tried several variations.  I have taken out the “translation-profile incoming call_block” command from the dial peer.  I have tried adding the command “translation-profile incoming call_block” directly to the voice port.

In all instances, the correct incoming dial peer matches, but then it seems like the translation profile does not get called.

Any thoughts?

Jeff