[cisco-voip] VG350 - SCCP controlled FXS Port - Provide MWI actual "light" on analog phone ?

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:51:39 EDT 2016

I'm on a project currently migrating from legacy Nortel PBX to Cisco UC.

Customer has analog handsets connected to Nortel analog ports and they are
able to light an actual MWI lamp on the analog phone.

Migrate this phone to a VG350 with a SCCP controlled FXS port.

I get stutter dial-tone when there is a message left for that phone but I
can't illuminate the lamp.

Does a FXS port actually support lighting a lamp on an analog station?

At this same client, I've move over some standard "home-user" cordless
phones and those seem to realize there is a message waiting and turn on a
"message waiting" icon on the LCD display on the base station. Not quite a
lamp but it seems to know there is a MWI there.  Not sure if perhaps these
cordless phones are able to detect the stutter dial-tone?

Config snippet below

CUCM 10.5.2 SU2

VG350 IOS:  15.4(3)M4

I appreciate any tips or guidance.

stcapp ccm-group 1

stcapp

!

stcapp feature access-code

!

stcapp feature speed-dial

stcapp call-control mode feature

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0

sccp ccm 10.60.16.10 identifier 1 priority 1 version 7.0

sccp ccm 10.7.13.10 identifier 2 priority 2 version 7.0

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

 bind interface GigabitEthernet0/0

 associate ccm 1 priority 1

 associate ccm 2 priority 2

 switchback method graceful

ccm-manager redundant-host cucm02.MyCompany.com

ccm-manager config server 10.60.16.10 10.7.13.10

ccm-manager config

ccm-manager download-tones

ccm-manager sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0

ccm-manager sccp

voice-port 4/0/0

 mwi

 timeouts initial 60