[cisco-voip] Constantly having db replication issues

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:08:43 EDT 2016

I'm wondering how many others have had as many issues with db replication?
It seems that any time we lose a connection to our 2nd data center (even a
2 minute MPLS planned maintenance outage causes the issue), our database
synchronization has errors.  After a WAN blip, within an hour or so, I get
a message from RTMT about a subscriber being in "blocked" state:

%[AppID=Cisco Database Layer
Monitor][ClusterID=ProdVoiceCluster][NodeID=XXXXXXX1]: A change
notification client is busy (blocked). If the change notification client
continues to be blocked for 10 minutes, the system automatically clears the
block and change notification should resume successfully."

After that, if I run utils dbreplication status, it will have errors... so
then I run the "repair all" option and it fixes it. Then I'm good for a few
weeks until something else happens that starts the whole cycle over.

Something else that happens after a WAN blip is that DRS begins to fail, so
we have to restart the master DRS and the subsequent DRS services on the
subs. Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal?

I'm on CUCM 10.0.1.12900-2.

Thanks,
Nick