[cisco-voip] Are there any gotchas to watch out for switching to FQDN server names from IP address server names?

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:13:03 EDT 2016

We are on 10.0 and this cluster has been upgraded over the years from 8.0
to 8.6 to 10.0.  I know it used to be common practice to rip the host name
out of a new node and put in the IP address. That's how we are set up...
but now that I need to do some work with certs so that jabber and cucilync
work properly, it's time to fix this.

Is there anything I should watch out for? Anything that may bite me in rare
cases? We have CER, CVP, CUC, UCCE and a rarely used IMP.

I checked that each node has DNS enabled by looking at "show network eth0"
on each sub. I also then looked up each FQDN from each node and they all
resolve properly. As far as I know, that's about it.

Thanks in advance!

nick