[cisco-voip] Are there any gotchas to watch out for switching to FQDN server names from IP address server names?

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Thu Dec 1 17:10:15 EST 2016

An endpoint in the middle of an upgrade has already entirely downloaded the firmware into memory, and would not be affected. If it is mid-download then it would have no affect other than breaking the operation and perhaps requiring a manual restart if it is coming off a factory reset

Ben Amick
Telecom Analyst

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Anthony Holloway
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2016 5:08 PM
To: Nick Barnett <nicksbarnett at gmail.com>
Cc: Cisco VoIP Group <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Are there any gotchas to watch out for switching to FQDN server names from IP address server names?

Is TFTP really that trivial?  What would happen to an endpoint, which is in the middle of a firmware upgrade, when you deactivate TFTP?

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Nick Barnett <nicksbarnett at gmail.com<mailto:nicksbarnett at gmail.com>> wrote:
I figured that a reboot would work, but TAC told me it wouldn't... and rather than experimenting, I just did what they said to do :)   Besides, deactivating TFTP is trivial and in a properly laid out deployment should have 0 impact.