[cisco-voip] CAD vs Finesse Differences

James Buchanan james.buchanan2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:20:20 EST 2016

Hello,

One note I'll make is this:

When an agent opens Finesse, by default they are accessing a Live Data feed
of their entire team. This will show the usual info of Logged In, Ready,
etc. That sounds nice, but what if your Team is large?

In one migration, we had a remote site with a team of 50 members. Also,
this site had a 6mbit WAN link back to where the servers were located. Now,
there were improvements to be made in both of these areas. However, with
CAD and CSD, there had never been any issues with bandwidth.

We ran the bandwidth calculator, and according to the calculator, we were
supposed to use about 8.8kbps per agent, making a total of 440kbps for all
agents, plus a few supervisors. The bandwidth consumption on day 1 was
about 5mbps (on a 6mbps link). This wreaked havoc on the rest of the
customer's operations (CRM, email, etc).

The long and short of it is this: Cisco did not take into account the Live
Data feeds when creating the bandwidth calculator. We ended up with bug ID
CSCuz74851 that tracks the defect.

Anyway, I know the 50-agent-in-a-team situation is abnormal, but I do think
you need to be aware of it. To workaround the issue, we moved the Agent
Team Summary report to its own tab, and when agents felt they needed to see
it, they could click on it. Otherwise, when not on the front screen, it
wouldn't continue to pull information, thereby conserving bandwidth.

I know this is tangential to the original post, but hope it was helpful.

James