[cisco-voip] MCS Series Boot Looping?

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Mon Dec 19 08:51:36 EST 2016

Huh. That makes very little sense, but I guess it could be the cause. I'll have to try it after next time I need to reboot. We have KVM dongles on the back of all of our servers, and since they're old MCS units they have no other way to monitor boot time.

Ben Amick
Telecom Analyst

From: Lelio Fulgenzi [mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 11:16 PM
To: Ben Amick <bamick at HumanArc.com>
Cc: Cisco VoIP Group <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] MCS Series Boot Looping?

If you haven't already, try booting without any keyboard or mouse plugged in. Or at least nothing using a ps/2-to-USB converter or splitter or kvm box.

I found some issue in our HP equivalent (swonly) servers. Always had to do with that.

Not to mention a ps/2-to-USB converter sending a brand new be7k into a nose dive.

Sent from my iPhone