[cisco-voip] CUCM sends presence subscribe messages to PSTN SIP trunk - found solution to block

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:47:11 EST 2016

I'm working on remotely setting up a CUBE for a customer and I'm using CIPC
(in sccp mode) to perform some basic testing.

I have the *debug ccsip messages* enabled on the CUBE, and navigated to my
placed calls directory on the CIPC phone.

[image: Inline image 1]

As soon as I did that I saw 2 subscribe messages show up on the CUBE from
CUCM for the 2 numbers in the placed calls list.

The CUCM cluster has BLF for call lists enabled.

The 88. is a temp access code I'm using to send calls to the CUBE.  Route
list strips the 88. and then pre-pends a 9

This is reproducible, every time the placed calls list is opened, I see
subscribe messages to CUBE for any of the calls that traversed it.

CUBE didn’t respond to the messages and I don’t believe it will. But I can
see in a large company not wanting to send all this messaging to CUBE.

000285: Dec 22 11:10:15.370: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:

SUBSCRIBE sip:918004444444 at 10.yy.2.6:5060 SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 10.xx.8.6:5060;branch=z9hG4bK101c952867a3cc