[cisco-voip] CAD Timers for breaks

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Wed Dec 28 12:07:18 EST 2016

While that may be; that is where unmanageable environments and solutions come from ;).

-R

On Dec 28, 2016, at 10:56 AM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>> wrote:

I think you've hit the nail I the head Ryan. Although I tend to refer to them as 'workflow' issues :)

While I agree in principle that it is not technology's responsibility to resolve these issues, we're entrusted by our clients to 'make things work'. And we find ourselves having to come up with custom solutions to resolve them. For a while, I tried the 'if it's not easily reproducible (for other clients) or scalable or manageable, shoulder be doing it at all?' approach, but it seems to not have had the impact lately.

It doesn't help that out department has been traditionally seen as a technology solution provider, not a business solution provider (although that's changing!) so it's difficult to approach clients with the premise that maybe it's because the staff are not pleased with the proposed solution and that's why it's not working. Perhaps a partnership with HR might be the right approach? Who knows.

And don't get me started with documentation issues. I'd say 95% of our trouble tickets after hours are due to incorrectly followed documentation. Including the troubleshooting and checking your steps.

*sigh*

Sent from my iPhone