[cisco-voip] Exempt Gov't calls from recording?

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Thu Dec 29 17:18:37 EST 2016

We use QM for recording. Currently, all of our callcenter agents have a second line that is not their UCCX extension that is part of a hunt group (which I've discovered is a very unsupported deployment) to which calls from the government that come in through a specific UCCX queue are redirected to. As you can imagine, this causes issues of its own (particularly in managing the not-ready status of associates, since they have to use that to stop getting queue calls when a gov't call comes in)

I've heard wonderings that it may be possible to eliminate this design entirely, and just exempt the calls from being recorded? The perfect end-goal would be to eliminate the second extension entirely, or at least eliminate the hunt lists to be able to receive all the Gov't calls through agent. We use automatic recording, so by default all calls are recorded, but we already use an exemption rule to block the non-IPCC ext ranges from being recorded. Would it exempt the gov't calls from recording just by adding the UCCX trigger(s) for the Gov't lines to the exemption list? Or if that is not an option, if we had a list of all the gov't offices we send and receive calls from, could we add those numbers to the exemption list to specifically exempt them from recording?

Ben Amick
Telecom Analyst

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you