[cisco-voip] SNR/Mobility and Jabber dual mode phones

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Feb 3 11:37:40 EST 2016

What are people's thoughts on how the SNR/mobility feature functions with Jabber clients on dual mode phones?

I was hoping to be able to configure thins so:

- a client's mobile phone rings only when the Jabber client on that phone is not registered

- a client is able to use the mobility softkey (on their physical phone) to transfer calls to their mobile phone at any time (even when the Jabber client is registered)

But apparently, the mobility softkey transfers to the Jabber client if registered. They would then have to use the Jabber clients to transfer to the mobile phone. A two step process.

My use case is a client at their desk, about to leave, likely leaving wifi coverage as well, who wants to continue their conversation on the road.

I know about the mobility handoff, but not sure that would be as seamless.

Thoughts?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure