[cisco-voip] Cisco Network Registrar DNS and Mobile Remote Access

James Conyers James.Conyers at du.edu
Wed Feb 3 15:00:47 EST 2016

Hi,
We are running into a problem with Cisco Mobile Remote Access where the DNS entries we created are being replicated on the inside and outside of our firewall. The users/devices attempt to connect to the correct services (_cisco-uds_tcp & _cuplogin._tcp) from outside of the firewall and because our DNS entries are replicated on both the inside and outside these lookups do not fail but the registration does eventually fail because these addresses are internal IP’s. The users/devices never get prompted to lookup the (_cisco-uds) through Expressway and thus are unable to register.
Is there any way to configure an ACL/whitelist/blacklist entries for certain zone entries within Cisco Network Registrar which would enable outside users/devices to hit the Expressway as opposed to the internal IPs of the Call Manager/ CUPs server?
Any ideas?
Thanks,
James

James Conyers