[cisco-voip] dial-peer pointing secondary IP address

Maciej Bylica mbgatherer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 06:32:40 EST 2016

Thanks a lot for you feedback.
To give you more detailed information what is my case...
- Cisco utilizes two Gb interfaces. One has public IP, second one has VLAN
configured with private IP address.
- our customer is sending calls via VLAN and Cisco routes all the calls to
public network (CUSTOMER ----via vlan ----> Cisco CUBE ------via public--->
our infrastructure)
We've been informed that if we setup additional/secondary IP address on the
same VLAN and route all outgoing calls via new IP we will be able to send
them SIP traffic - those are they requirements (our infrastructure ----via
public---> Cisco CUBE ----via vlan---->CUSTOMER)
Furthermore they IP address remain unchanged (they have 2 IPs for incoming
and outgoing traffic).
Our private IP: ip address 105.164.22.191 255.255.255.254
and current routing

ip route 7.212.177.14 255.255.255.248 105.164.22.190

ip route 7.212.177.22 255.255.255.248 105.164.22.190

of course they IPs are 7.212.177.14 and .22.

So i could try with

- setup secondary IP address on Cisco

- use .14 only for incoming traffic

- use .22 only for outgoing traffic

- specify "ip route"

ip route 7.212.177.14 255.255.255.248 105.164.22.190

ip route 7.212.177.22 255.255.255.248 NEW_IP_HERE

assuming our customer will agree on that.

or

- setup subinterface with new IP

- assign new VLAN

- proceed with control binging on dial-peer

- adjust "ip route"

assuming our customer will agree on new VLAN.

Will using loopback along with bing control do its job here?

Thanks

Maciej.

: