[cisco-voip] Reporting in inactive endusers in CM

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 07:42:27 EST 2016

We've go something weird going on with LDAP whereby i'm randomly getting
end users marked inactive in cucm (and unity) after a periodic sync.

Packet cap shows inconsistent number of search results back from the ldap
server (oracle) - so i'm chalking it up to CM doing exactly what its
supposed to do. Since I don't manage that ldap service i'm at the mercy of
the folks that are, right now they are trying to replicate the issue but
its so or miss , haven't been able to yet.

In the meantime though, i'd like to try and report on when ldap sync'd
users get marked inactive. This way we can keep an eye on it, and if i all
the sudden see 1000 users marked inactive, we can manually go in and kick
off a new re-sync. or when certain VP's accounts get axed and they can no
longer sign into jabber (><) we can proactively go fix it before they have
a problem.

My first thought is to script something that will do a sql query against
the end user table and send back user ids that are inactive - on a schedule
so it just shows up in our inboxes in the morning. Anyone ever had to do
this, is there a better way?

--
Ed Leatherman