[cisco-voip] Reporting in inactive endusers in CM

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Sat Feb 27 10:05:43 EST 2016

Ed,

Everything I'm saying here is assuming you are UCOS >= 9.x; before 9 ALL LDAP or ALL local were the choices and you couldn't have blended users .... point being, the enduser status value had different implications.

If you are looking for a way to passively monitor active accounts; run sql select count(*) from enduser where status=1 (inactive LDAP users would show a status of 2 and local users a status of 0). However I would also want take a peek at the CUCM Dirsync log (activelog cm/trace/dirsync/log4j/dirsync.log) and see if it provides additional detail on the issue. If you get pushback from the AD folks and they say everything seems fine; it may actually be an issue with CUCM.

As a stop-gap measure; you could convert the high-profile users to a local end user account temporarily, until the sync issues are addressed. Just need to consider how that may impact Jabber (EDI Vs. UDS ... etc).

** While I cannot confirm this; I have heard of folks resolving this issue from the CUCM side by restarting the DirSync service on the Publisher node and/or deleting the Directory Sync agreement and adding it back in. **

Additionally, if your user is LDAP sync'ed but currently showing inactive you can run sql update enduser set status=1 (throw in a limit clause ... WHERE and LIKE if you don't want to hit ALL users). Now, if the user is legitimately disabled/missing in AD, the enduser will go inactive again on the next CUCM Sync.

I have also had this happen where the "Cloud Team" decided to make AD more efficient and the moved every one into different OUs and didn't consider that I, the simple phone guy might need to know that.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Thanks,

= Ryan =

Email: ryanhuff at outlook.com

Spark: ryanhuff at outlook.com