[cisco-voip] curious - no DNS SRV for SIP trunk to IM&P in HA

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Mon Jan 18 17:09:03 EST 2016

10.5 guide still has that line but has specific instructions for using an
SRV record as well-
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_5_1/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105_chapter_0101.html#CUP0_TK_CE31A1D9_00

"Cisco recommends that you use the IM and Presence Service default domain
as the destination address of the DNS SRV record.
*Note   *

You can specify any domain value as the destination address of the DNS SRV
record. No users need to be assigned to the domain that is specified. If
the domain value that you enter differs from the IM and Presence
Service default domain, you must ensure that the SIP Proxy Service
Parameter called SRV Cluster Name on IM and Presence Service matches the
domain value that you specify in the DNS SRV record. If you use the default
domain, then no changes are required to the SRV Cluster Name parameter."